Thursday, April 23, 2009

Hawaiin Art










We had a super time in Hawaii/Maui!


I think every time we go I have been inspired to paint something.








What is it about Hawaii...?



Relaxing

Bright Colors


Warm Breezes



Spectacular Flowers



Sunshine



and



Tropical Drinks








I've wanted to do something with this colorful magazine picture I cut out a few years ago.


It was of two bright and colorful margaritas.


After I got back from Hawaii this year I decided to just paint it.




Margarita Magic


8" x 12" acrylic

This Mai Tai painting was from a photo of a Mai Tai drink we had in Hawaii last year.


I have sketched this photo before in watercolor,


but this time I did another acrylic


to compliment


my Margarita painting.





Mai Tai Time


6" x 8" acrylic












The beautiful landscape surrounding the Lavender Farm in Maui.






I just couldn't resist sketching it out in my watercolor journal while I was in Maui.


It was such a beautiful area.


I really enjoyed stopping by the farm.








Their was something old fashioned about this building


where we stopped by to get some lunch.


I love the tree next to it as well.


So here I did a second sketch.








Just a fun shot while we were on our hike.
The boys coming through the tunnel.


I couldn't resist this beautiful plumeria flower
I found on our morning beach walk headed to breakfast.
The back side of the flower looked as if pink stripes had been painted on.





I will be painting something from my photos I took in the restaurant.












ALOHA!












Posted by Picasa