Thursday, January 3, 2008

It's a Magical Season with many Gifts!









MAKE THE MOST OF THIS MAGICAL SEASON!



The season started out with a sketch I had made last year as I packed away our Christmas decorations. The snowman is from a cookie press I have and I just love. I decided to sketch it at the same time I listened to my favorite podcast, "Creative Mom Podcast", where Amy gave the prompt "Magic". It just fit my sketch perfectly. Well this year I decided to make this my Christmas card for 2007.




Family Holiday Activities


One thing my family insists on doing for the holidays is our family gingerbread house. This year my husband and saw a new idea, a "Gingerbread Train", in a gourmet food store in San Francisco. He said I can make you a pattern for that no problem. I liked the fact we were going to make one car for each of us to decorate for ourselves.


We have a secret we learned from our good friends that to make the house/train assemblage go faster....use hot glue. I know, I know, Glue? Well, that has been the best little secret to learn. You simply peel off the glue when you tear the house/train apart to eat - it really makes the process quick. You can see we found one night when we were all home and didn't have a lot of homework, sports, work or whatever to interrupt us.


I made the train


(actually two of them - one we gave away as a gift to our friends/neighbors see below)


a week earlier and saved the candy from Halloween, plus a little more -


and when the time was right we just had a fun time with a complete


SUGAR FEST DECORATING DATE!


We used the rarely if ever purchased Oreo cookies for the wheels...yummy.FERRARIO EXPRESS


We connected the trains by cutting small holes in the trains and inserting the red licorice.






***




Here is our neighbor's photos of their family sugar fest train decorations!They decided to take their train to a family dinner and it was the kid's activity!


***


Time


Spent with Parents


(Check out the knitting on the bench!)




*****


FRISBEE FAMILY FUN GOLF


Getting Together with Friends




(Yes, I'm wearing the knitted hat I made for Anthony with a Christmas pin attached while playing Frisbee Golf...Fa la la la la)







Silly Boys with matching Jammies!



(skulls with Christmas hats on pants)

***

Twas The Night Before Christmas

...and we went to the Santa Clara Mission for Christmas Eve

Some were naughty...some were nice!

***

My Knitting Inspiration

Our stockings lovingly made by Grammy!

I want to knit like that!



***

A Gift in Progress
(The Chocolate Purse)
I'm wrapped this purse with the knitting needles still in.
I will be finishing it soon by adding the handles and felting it.


HAPPY NEW YEAR
Cross Country Skiing on the first day of 2008!

Fun...Gorgeous Scenery....Exercise...Friendly Chatting...what a perfect way to bring in the new year!


I have been packing away our decorations for this year and decided to sketch another favorite. This little snowlady, who spent the holiday season decorating my outside table, was SPEAKING to me. It tied in again with the "Creative Mom Podcast" prompt for December - "GIFT". I saw this little snowlady just offering me a special gift.


She told me to stop and take a moment to reflect on the many gifts I've received this Magical Season. As you can see from my collage of photos above, I'm a wealthy woman with many gifts to be thankful for...






Love



Family



Friends



Fun



My Gifts