1. Seasonal Plate Series: Monochromatic House
The main assignments in this class are going to be this series of "plate" paintings. We will do 5 paintings. This first one is a Monochromatic (one color) depiction of a house. We were required to have the following items, and have references to work from.
- One color choice (I picked Burnt Sienna) and blend it with grey, white and black for the monochromatic effect.
- Mountains in distance
- House from a new point of view
- Primary colors of Red, Yellow, Blue and Green had to be included somehow
- NO BLUE SNOW - only earthy tones with whites.
- Snowman, icicles, holiday lights
- Garden and path
- Distant mountains with not a blue sky...
- New point of view of house
- Color scheme must include pastel colors of pink, green, yellow and blue
- Three types of flowers included
- Distant mountains with blue sky and clouds
- Garden, path included