Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ecstatic about Art

What makes me ecstatic about making art….
  • When I was younger I just loved to do crafts or sewing…..I enjoyed watching it come to life. I still love learning and creating something I can enjoy.
  • Seeing art that moves me…no one real artist…just a picture I had bought for my home – a print – as I stared at it at home I just loved the way the artist had captured the moment of some beautiful flowers growing up the side of a home, and I felt something peaceful.
  • Seeing other people outside painting at the ocean and somehow I said out loud…I want to do that! I want to capture the beauty of the world around me.
  • Opening up my Chirstmas Present and getting to play with the new pastels.
Nothing like new beautiful colors to get you excited to create!
To be continued...something I'm working on...not finished - but added new pastels to it.

  • Visiting both Monet’s Garden in Giverny and Cezanne’s studio (http://www.atelier-cezanne.com/anglais/visites.htm)in Aix-en-Provence. I think it blew me away to see the reality of it all. The garden still looks like his paintings with the pathways and boats and beautiful flowers. In Cezanne’s studio in Aix…it was small and unassuming but the real vases and tables he painted so often in his still life are there. They were real and that blows me away that this was just someone painting.
A page from my sketchbook I took on our trip to France in 2006.

The photo on the right was from the trip I took to Giverny. I've been saving this photo since 2006. 
My photo from 2006!
My Value Study for the painting.



 




  • Just today I was at the De Young Museum in San Francisco (http://deyoung.famsf.org/) to see the “Van Gogh, Gauguin, Cézanne and Beyond: Post-Impressionist Masterpieces from the Musée d’Orsay” on an art field trip with a couple of my artist friends and wow…seeing the brush strokes up close just blows me away.
Happy to be on our Artist Field Trip!

Yes…I’m grateful for the opportunity to experience these things!

"If you have a dream, even if you don't feel qualified to accomplish it, just try your hardest."