Wednesday, August 27, 2008

In the HEAT of Summer: Part Two Plein Aire "PLAYING"

Besides taking a class at college, I tried to put my birthday present (a new plien aire easel) to use this summer. These pictures are backwards in time, but I started in late May at Point Pinos in Monterey and the last location is here at home at Vasona Lake. It is my intention to keep working at capturing a painting quickly on location. Vasona Lake


I did two plien aire paintings..in just about 3 hours. ---------------------------------------
Donner Lake
Oil 9"x12"

Yes...the smoke was here too!
We were out in the California Fires for our two weeks of vacation!
And I still painted in "plein aire"...cough...cough

This was after about an hour.

---------------------------------------------------------

Lake Trinity

"Di Ja Voux" Houseboat
Our trip was cut short due to the fires.


"View from SawMill"

Oil 6"x8"

Dale made me a drying rack...last minute...but it worked out great. You can't just let oil paintings sit around a houseboat with 12 people and a dog!
"Di Ja Voux"
Oil 6" x 8"
while Nick was chopping up the waters on a jet ski!

-------------------------------------------------------
Point Pinos Lighthouse
Monterey



After one hour....

The other three little paintings were just playing with what paint I had left on my palette.

SOMETIMES

YOU JUST GOTTA

PLAY!